Friday, December 5, 2008

The Happy and The Sad

Sometimes the happy and the sad come on the heels of each other. This week two of my very best friends on the planet experienced very emotional milestone events in their lives.


My beloved Heather, that you all know by now, lost 2 people very dear to her in one week. Both her biological and adoptive dads passed away this week. One was somewhat expected, the other sudden and tragic. I ask you to keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers, as she is going through a very difficult time right now. Those of you that personally know Heather know what a truly pure and loving heart she has. She is one of the most giving, compassionate and selfless people I know. My heart breaks for her during this time. If you are so inclined to say a little prayer, or send positive thoughts her way, I would be most appreciative.



-------------------------------------------------------------------



I would also like to you meet one my very best friends in the world, Carla. She has 2 gorgeous kids, and is also a very talented caker and crafter. We have been friends for close to 5 years now. We talk every single day, usually several times a day. We celebrate together all of our families' birthdays and holidays. Together we have been through births, deaths, hurricanes, moves, family drama, and all the little day day to day things of life that girlfriends share. I can hardly remember a time when she was not in my life, and I cannot imagine it without her in it now. The funny thing is, we have never met in person. Carla lives in Texas, and I in Louisiana. Our states are right next to each other and yet life has not allowed us to get together yet! But we will. Not having met in person has not prevented us from developing a true and solid friendship.


Her handsome son, Daniel. Hey, my son is named Daniel too! ( No she did not name him after my son, LOL). He is a wonderfully sweet, bright, energetic and funny child. I love to hear and see his daily adventures.



This is the beautiful Arianna, who just turned one this week. What a blessing to celebrate this wonderful child coming into our lives a year ago. Isn't she gorgeous? She is very curious, feisty, and has a wonderful happy disposition. Happy Birthday sweet girl!


Carla and Arianna.


Can you tell that they are Disney nuts? Carla loves Disney about as much as I love Diet Coke. That's a LOT!



----------------------------------------------------------------------



So I just wanted to share with you a little bit about these wonderful ladies in my life. I share in Carla's joy and Heather's pain. What they both bring to my life cannot be described. I love them both dearly.

Who is your best friend?

Sharon

4 comments:

Mata Family said...

Awww you're a sweetie (well, sometimes!). Heather is very lucky to have you on her side there in Louisiana and I am sure that is a comfort to her in good times and bad!

Now, you should have warned me a little cuz you got me all emotional LOL. It has been a roller coaster 5 years, but a time I truly treasure! We haven't met in person YET...but hey, I think webcam counts~ I mean come on, we've been on the webcam in no makeup and hair not done...we must be true friends! We are alike in so many ways and it has been great sharing our ups and downs as well as our obsessions and dreams! Not many people could put up with us for so long!! We would have met in 2004 if that hurricane hadn't messed things up! Oh well, it will happen soon! Now, don't you have something you should be doing right now??

plbennett_8 said...

Sharon,

Please extend my sincere condolences to Heather and her family. I just can't imagine losing two loved ones in week... :( (((((Heather))))) You will be in my prayers tonight.

Take good care,
Pat B.

Anonymous said...

Oh My gosh.... I've been wondering what happened to Carla after leaving LC. I can't believe how big Daniel is and what a beautiful baby girl she has now.

My heart aches for sweet Heather.

Love all your goodies too.
Merry Christmas!!!!
Lesley

Kim Cooper said...

Sharon,
I have followed your posts on CC for over a year now and have so enjoyed the benefits our your expertise on your DVDs. What a difference they have made in my cake decorating abilities.


I have a long distance friend just like you. She and I met online in June of 2000. We were both adopting from China and had the same login date which means we would travel together to receive our daughters. We e-mailed and chatted online every day until our adoptions in the summer of 2001. Unfortunately my friend's adoption was postponed a month so we did not get to travel together to China. In the fall of 2003, we both decided it was once again time to add to our family and bring the love of another child into our lives. We started the mountain of paperwork and I even held my completed dossier for a few weeks so we could submit them together and hopefully travel to China together. This time it worked! Although our daughters ended up coming from different provinces, we were able to meet in Beijing and then again Guangzhou as we completed the adoptions. It's really amazing that in the 9 years that we have known each other, a day has hardly gone by that we do not e-mail each other...many days there are numerous e-mails. We have shared so much of our lives together even though our friendship has grown from the internet. We have had the opportunity to meet in person 3 times. I've always told my husband if anything major were to happen to me, that he had to contact my friend and let her know what was going on. I couldn't ask for a better friend!